Book Shauna for corporate events, private cooking demos or gather a group of 9-12 friends or relatives to request a specific class tailored to your needs.
To book any class with a group of 9-12 people - Please contact Shauna at email@example.com
I am super excited to bring Mairlyn Smith to my kitchen! She is a Home Economist/comedian who is featured often on CityLine and Breakfast Television Toronto. She is HILARIOUS and really talented in the kitchen. Her 8th book came out on May 7th and includes over 100 recipes that emphasize fibre to improve gut health, help with weight loss, and reduce the risk of disease. A copy of the book will be included in the cost of the demo (Extra copies of her book will be available for sale as well). It would be a great birthday/graduation gift!
PRICE – $150
Please note that both the daytime and evening classes are full! Please sign up on the waiting list and we will contact you if a spot opens up!
*HST and Mairlyn’s new book is included in price of demo*
Receipts will broken down as follows: $80 nutrition education and the remainder as culinary class + book purchase.
An assortment of seasonal/fibre rich recipes will be chosen to demo from her book. Here are a sampling of recipes that are featured in her book:
Weekend Pancakes for a Crowd
Potato & Asparagus Salad with Basil & Arugula Pesto
Pan-fried Falafel with Tahini Sauce
Chicken & Chickpea Curry
Mexican Street-style grilled corn
Rhubarb Crumble with Strawberries and Ginger
Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Bites
Monday June 17th 11:00 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. OR
Tuesday June 18th 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
This class will feature summer’s finest fruit, vegetables, and fresh herbs.
Recipes will include:
Please note that the daytime class is full and there are spots left in the evening class!
Tuesday June 11, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. OR
Wednesday June 12, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
This class will have the healthiest vegetarian salads, sides and sweets to enjoy during Spring. Recipes will include:
Please note that the May 7th class is full! There are spots left in the evening class on May 28th!
Tuesday May 7th 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. OR
Tuesday May 28th 7::00-9:00 p.m.
These are seasonal dishes that can be made over Passover, Easter or anytime. Recipes are all gluten free! Recipes will include:
Tuesday April 9th 11:30 am.-1:30 p.m. OR
Wednesday April 10th 7:00-9:00 p.m.
You don’t have to be vegan to join this class. You just have to be interested in plant based recipes! There will be gluten free options to sample. Recipes will include:
Wednesday March 27th 7:00-9:00 p.m. OR
Tuesday April 16th 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Healthy, simple and yummy recipes to share with family/friends. Recipes will include:
Please note that the daytime class is FULL and the evening class has 1 spot left!
Tuesday April 2nd 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. OR
Wednesday April 3d 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Sheet Pan #4 is here with all new recipes! Something for everyone! You don’t want to miss this class. Lots of technique/nutrition information to teach!
Recipes will include:
This class will feature new sheet pan meals for family and entertaining. It will focus on easy to cook one pan meals!
Recipes will include:
Shauna’s nutrition education focuses on plant-based eating for disease prevention. She tailors her teaching to specific recipes and you will have a chance to ask nutrition and culinary questions while you eat. Up to date nutrition information based on the latest scientific research and recipe booklet included with each class. The food is easy to make, delicious and the classes are a lot of fun!
Cost: Each class is $100 + HST which includes a 2 hour demonstration with eating throughout the class, nutrition and culinary education and a recipe booklet.
Avenue Road and Lawrence Avenue – Address to be provided with registration.
– Each class is limited to 12 guests. Register early – spots fill up quickly.
– E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check class availability.
– Once availability confirmed, Interac e-Transfer $113 to email@example.com (Includes HST). PLEASE NOTE THAT THE JUNE 17TH AND JUNE 18TH DEMOS WITH MAIRLYN SMITH ARE $150 (including HST and a copy of her book).
– There is no need for a password. It is direct deposit.
– In the message confirm which class/classes you are signing up for AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RECEIPT EMAILED TO YOU WITH YOUR CONFIRMATION.
– Payment must be received in advance with registration. Spots cannot be held without payment.
– Once payment is received, an email with confirmation and a receipt will be issued. Group nutrition education sessions may be covered under Lifestyle and Wellness accounts through private insurance. If you book an individualized nutrition education session, it may be covered under extended medical health coverage or health spending account. Check with your insurance provider!
– Payment is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, please have someone come in your place.
– Gift certificates are available.
* If you would like to get a group together – Minimum 9 people for adult classes and 12 people for parent/teen classes. Please email me to set up a date and review fee schedule.
I look forward to seeing you in my classes!